National School Chaplaincy and
Student Welfare Program (NSCSWP)
The school has been fortunate to receive funding from the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations under the National School Chaplaincy and Student Welfare Program.
The chaplains will work with the Principal and school staff to minister to the spiritual and social needs of the school community - students, their families and the staff. Examples of how this will be achieved are as follows:
- developing relationships with students by spending time with them both inside and outside the classroom
- participation in relevant classroom and school activities
- connecting with staff both informally and formally
- being available to provide support for parents and develop relationships with them, where and when possible
- arrange/conduct training/education sessions for school community
- provide one-to-one or group mentoring/support as needed
- assist in counselling or obtaining such services when needed
- providing support as needed at times of grief or crisis
- provide guidance about spirituality, values and ethics to students
- referring, as needed, to specialists and agencies (in consultation with the Principal)
If any student, staff member or parent would like to see a Chaplain on a one to one basis, please contact the Somerset office to make arrangements.